Release Notes: F5 Beacon¶
- Insights can now be added to dashboards.
- Improvements to Application Landscape to simplify navigation.
- Enhanced capabilities for defining application health via API.
- Application map styling was updated.
- Latency metrics are now displayed in the application slide panel when a monitor is attached to the application root.
- Ability to Create Custom Insights via the Portal, enabling customers to analyze metrics data (stored on Beacon or outside of it) and generate insights using multiple visualizations.
- Application/Component Inventory pages are replaced with the Application Landscape, allowing applications to be presented in either a map or list view.
- Metrics for components that use an F5 health source (BIG-IP, BIG-IQ, monitors or DNS Load Balancer), can now be viewed from the application slide panel.
- All events for all components of an application are displayed under “Events” in the application slide panel.
- A new application creation workflow is now available via the UI. You can create, update and delete applications from the UI.
- New example custom insights published to F5 Beacon GitHub repo - 1) Measure and report on network packet drop using Telegraf Ping, and 2) Cost Insight for AWS Billing
- Ansible integration updated and published to F5 Beacon GitHub repo
- Ability to associate applications to insights, using API or UI
- Backend consolidation of all health telemetry data for ease of query and aggregation
- Updates to the Sources tab to account for types and associated sources
- Telegraf now shows in the Sources tab
- Ability to remove sources via UI
- Enhanced look and feel for dashboard widgets
- Updated Postman collection
- Other minor enhancements and updates to documentation
Support for additional metric data. As part of this change, health values are stored in source-specific measurements (e.g. bigip-virtual, monitor, uptime-robot, beacon-health-source). In each case, there will be source and name tags identifying the health source. When defining applications via the declare API, these measurements replace the BeaconHealth measurement.
Initial release where Beacon became generally available.
|OV-1959||May 13, 2020||After opening the navigation window, clicking off the menu still navigates away from the current page|
|OV-1990||May 13, 2020||Tooltips do not render correctly in Safari in the Map View of the Application Landscape|
|OV-2037||May 13, 2020||JSON View does not work for new, unsaved applications|
|OV-1945||May 6, 2020||Map View updates automatically after adding an app|
|OV-2009||May 6, 2020||Changing the interval for a monitor takes effect immediately|
|OV-1940||Apr 29, 2020||Telegraf sources are now listed on the Sources page|
|OV-1787||Apr 8, 2020||“Event Info” no longer overflows the Events section in the Applications slide panel|
|OV-1737||April 2, 2020||App maps in the create app workflow now renders properly in Safari|
|OV-1897||April 2, 2020||Insights with large Markdown content are now fully visible via scrolling|
|OV-1664||March 3, 2020||Save success message no longer displays when drilling into app for creating/editing|
|OV-1739||March 3, 2020||App components now reporting health with Datadog as health source|
|OV-1772||March 3, 2020||Now possible to assign health settings to root app component when creating app|
|OV-1631||Feb 26, 2020||Sources can now be deleted via API or UI; delete is by name/type instead of ID|
|OV-1632||Feb 26, 2020||Relationship between sources and tokens is again working/visible|
|OV-1557||Feb 13, 2020||Dashboard now renders when referencing non-existent app map|
|OV-1595||Feb 13, 2020||Components now reporting health with Uptime Robot as health source|
The following table describes known issues for which resolutions are in development and will be available in a future release.
|OV-1898||Dashboard widget export capability not displaying intermittently|
|OV-2012||Creating an application with a duplicate name fails without an error being presented in the portal|
Getting help for F5 Cloud Services¶
You can find additional support resources and technical documentation through a variety of sources: