Administer Your F5 Cloud Services Account¶
The Cloud Services portal¶
The Cloud Services portal allows you to manage your account and gives you access to your cloud services. The image below shows the portal.
- The top bar is always present and shows your name and the account you are currently working in. It provides the following capabilities:
- Account Controls: The person icon allows you to make changes to your account. For details, see Edit your user information.
- Notifications: The notifications bell shows when you have new notifications—click on the bell to see them.
- Help: The help question mark provides various links to get help on Cloud Services, open a support ticket, or check the Cloud Services system status.
- Cloud Services Navigation Menu: The navigation panel on the left side is also always present and provides navigation between general services (items above the separator), and subscribed cloud services you are using. Clicking on Your F5 Cloud displays the page you see above, whereas clicking on a cloud service will replace everything to the right of this menu with content related to the selected service. Which service you are viewing is indicated by the red-colored font and a red bar to the right of the menu item. At the very bottom of the menu, there is a minimize (<<) or maximize button (>>), that reduces or expands the width of the menu for more or less area for the services.
- Your F5 Cloud Overview: This area provides a status overview of some of your subscribed services.
- Available F5 Cloud Services: This area shows the cloud services that are available and whether or not you are subscribed. If you are an owner of the account, you also have the ability to unsubscribe from a service.
- Helpful Information: These are links to get help on Cloud Services, open a support ticket, check the Cloud Services system status, or provide feedback.
Edit your user information¶
To edit information about your own user account, you can click your profile icon at the upper-right of the Cloud Services portal to see the user menu showing a list of accounts you own and a few more options: View user profile, Change preferences, Change password, and Sign Out. Click on View User Profile to update your own user information.
- The Leave Account button allows you to deactivate the account you are logged into. This can only be done if there are no other users associated with this account, and this account has no subscriptions. For more information, see Delete user.
- User information
- Email shows the email associated with your user account. You cannot change your email address because it is used for your account login.
- First Name and Last Name are used to identify you and your account and are shown anywhere you as a user need to be identified.
- The Phone Number field allows you to provide a phone number for you rather than your organization.
- Organization Name shows you your organization. It is set in ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT in the Organization tab.
- Click the Update button to save your changes if you have changed any of these fields. If you make changes and then navigate to another page without clicking the Update button, your changes will be lost.
On the user menu, select Change preferences to see the user preferences slide panel.
Set default time zone:
Either select a time zone from the drop-down list. Alternatively, you can press Select my time zone for me, and Cloud Services will select a time zone based on your IP address. IF the result is not correct, then select the correct time zone from the drop-down list.
Click the Save button to save your preferences.
Set default account & page:
The first section allows you to select the default account to work in after login. The list will include all the accounts you have access to. If you select an account other than Ask me each time, the default account will be indicated in the user menu.
The second section specifies which service you want to start with after login. The services listed in the dropdown are the subscribed services for the selected account above.
Click the Save button to save your preferences.
Clicking the Change password button brings out a slide panel allowing you to change your password. The rules for a new password are shown as you type your new password, and each rule is grayed out when it is satisfied.
Manage your organization information¶
Use thetab to edit information about your organization, such as:
- Organization Name
- Street Address
- Zip/Postal Code
- Phone Number
You may not change the email address because this is used for your login.
Use thetab to manage the list of users that can work with your cloud services. This page shows all users associated with your organization. With this list, you have the following capabilities:
- Edit a user: click on the user’s name.
- Delete a user: check the checkbox next to the user’s name and click Delete in the upper right corner of the list.
- Filter the list: enter a string in the Filter All field to see only those users that match the filter. The filter works with all columns in the list.
Press the Invite button to give a new user access to your account.
- Enter the user’s email address. The user will receive an email invitation to join your organization. Once accepted, the user will be able to access your account and make changes in accordance with the user role you assign.
- Optionally assign this user to a division.
- Assign a role to the user. An Owner has complete access to this account with all the privileges that you have. A Privileged User can see data and modify service settings, but they cannot subscribe or unsubscribe services in your account. A Limited User has the ability to see your account and data but cannot make changes. Unlike an Owner, neither a Privileged User nor a Limited User can see the Accounts tab, so they cannot see or modify your organization, users, divisions, or payment information.
You can delete any user from your account, including invited users who have not yet accepted the invitation.
- From the list of users, select the user you want to delete.
- Either click the kabob menu (…) on the right side of the user’s line and then click Delete, or check the box to the left of the user’s name and click the Delete button in the upper right corner of the users list.
- On the confirmation dialog, click Yes, Delete User.
When deleting owners:
- As an owner, you can delete other owners.
- You can delete your own owner account, as long as a) there is another owner to take over, or b) there are no other users associated with the account and there are no subscriptions active for this account. If you delete yourself from this account and you have access to no other accounts, then your login will no longer be valid (contact support to reactivate your login).
Use thetab to manage the list of Divisions for organizing users.
This page shows all divisions associated with your organization. With this list, you have the following capabilities:
- Edit a division: click on the division name.
- Delete a division: check the checkbox next to the division name and click Delete in the upper right corner of the list.
- Filter the list: enter a string in the Filter All field to see only those divisions that match the filter.
- Create a new division: press the Create button to add a new division to your organization.
In Name, type a name for the division, and then click Create.
On Add User, use the drop-down list to select a user to add. If you want to add more than one user, click the + button, add the next user, and continuing adding users until you are done, and then click Add.
Payment information and cards¶
F5 Cloud Services offers consumption-based pricing allowing you to only pay for what you use. In order to use a Cloud Service, you must have a current purchase order (PO), or you will need to add a payment card or some other payment method (like billing through AWS Marketplace) to cover service usage. Your payment method will only be charged when services are rendered based on the current pricing schedule. Pricing is listed under each service in the Cloud Services documentation. For an example, you can go to the DNS Cloud services pricing document.
To see your charges and methods of payment, go to the Accounts tab and click on the Payments tab. The left side shows credit cards on file, and the right side shows purchase orders (if any) and payment methods through third party cloud platforms.
To add a card, click the Add button, as shown below.
When you add a payment card, that card will become the default payment card, and all your subscribed services will be charged to that card. If you have multiple cards entered, you can change the default credit card by clicking the kebab menu (…) to the right of the card you want to make the default, and selecting Make Default.