Document Revision History¶
|2.1||This documentation update release contained the following changes:
* Removed portDiscovery from the examples of a GET show=full in Examples
* Updated the style of this document.
|2.0||New version of the documentation for AS3 3.5.1, the long term support (LTS) version.||11-13-18|
|1.9||Added a new FAQ entry about naming application services and helping clarify the serviceMain naming convention.||09-12-18|
||Updated the documentation for AS3 v3.4.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added the ability to use Service Discovery for Azure, and remote Service Discovery for AWS, Google, and Azure. Remote service discovery allows your BIG-IP to reside anywhere, not just in a particular cloud (see the Service Discovery page for details).
* Added support for auto-population of FQDN pool members (see Using an FQDN pool to identify pool members for details).
* Added support for BIG-IP Policy Enforcement Manager (PEM) (see Using BIG-IP PEM in a declaration and Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added Firewall (Carrier Grade) NAT support (see Using Firewall Carrier Grade NAT features in a declaration and Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added for using BIG-IP DNS features (see Using BIG-IP DNS features in a declaration and Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added an example with one tenant and three applications to help clarify the serviceMain naming requirement (see One tenant with three applications.
* Corrected an issue where upgrading from AS3 v3.2.0 could cause an error message about creating an existing pool.
* Corrected an issue where TCL strings in declarations were not properly escaped.
* Corrected an issue where FQDN pool members were not auto-populating correctly.
||Updated the documentation for AS3 v3.3.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added the ability to use F5 Service Discovery for AWS and Google Cloud (see the Service Discovery page for details).
* Added support for Firewall rules, Firewall policies which contain lists of firewall rules, and logging (see Using Firewall Rules, Policies, and Logging for details).
* Added support for HTTP profile enforcement properties; AS3 now supports all current BIG-IP HTTP profile properties (see Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added support for URL routing policies (see Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added an example declaration that includes all current AS3 properties (see Appendix C: Declaration using all AS3 Properties).
* Added support for referencing SSL certificates and keys that exist in the Common partition (see the SSL certificate example).
||Updated the documentation for AS3 v3.2.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added the ability to import a WAF (ASM) Policy (see the WAF import example for details).
* Added the ability to allow or deny client traffic from specific VLANs (see the VLAN example for details).
* Added the ability to configure Local Traffic Policies that route to a pool based on URI (see the Local Traffic Policy example for details).
* Added the Pool_Member parameter adminState, which allows you to disable individual pool members (see Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added Explicit Proxy features to the HTTP profile (see Appendix A: Schema Reference for usage).
* Added SHA256 hash to the distribution for verification (see Verifying the integrity of the AS3 RPM package for details).
* Transaction lock enabled to protect against multiple simultaneous declarations posted to AS3.
* Replaced the Known Issues list with a link to GitHub Issues.
* Added documentation for Token Auth
* Restart no longer required on TMOS 12.1 after upgrading AS3.
* APM Sandbox error no longer occurs when deleting a tenant.
* The GET method no longer has issues with duplicate query string tenant values.
|1.5||Removed references to the location of the schema files on GitHub from the Understanding the JSON schema page of the reference guide.||06-20-18|
|1.4||Updated the documentation for AS3 v3.1.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added support for BIG-IP (TMOS) v12.1.x
* Added support for the PATCH method, following RFC 6902.
* Added the ability to disable ARP and ping on any service. Added the Service_Address class to enable this feature.
* Added HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) properties to the HTTP_Profile class.
* GET /mgmt/shared/appsvsc/info returns the current version of AS3, and is the standard method for determining if you properly installed AS3.
* Corrected user-defined ICMP monitors to use BIG-IP gateway-icmp instead of icmp.
* Inserted a delay to avoid a race condition that caused the error “localhost is not a BIG-IP” on startup.
* Stabilized the configuration of nodes in /Common/Shared.
* Stabilized the configuration of ciphered passphrases.
|1.3||Embedded the Using AS3 video on the home page.
Changed Virtual Server class to Service class in Composing an AS3 Declaration and clarified guidance.
Reformatted Known Issues section
Corrected the path to the selftest directory on the BIG-IP in Self Test.
|1.2||Added link to the Using AS3 video (https://youtu.be/NJjcUUtjnJU).||05-17-18|
|1.1||Clarified documentation on declaration history (GitHub Issue #6)
Corrected DELETE query parameter example (GitHub Issue #5)
Added Example 4 to Example declarations.
Added Document Revision History
|1.0||Initial release of AS3 documentation||04-30-18|
Pool_Member parameter adminState. By default, the adminState is enable, but you can use disable to disallow new connections but allow existing connections to drain, or offline to force immediate termination of all connections.