Appendix - Things to do with the Extra Services BIG-IP¶
This lab environment contains an additional BIG-IP machine named “BIG-IP Extra Services” and has no specific use in the previously-described demo environment.
However, a BIG-IP can be a useful tool in an SSL Orchestrator environment. In most cases it just needs to be re-licensed and reconfigured on required networks. Building any tools is beyond the scope of the guide, but here is a quick list of things you can do with it.
- Create a transparent proxy security service.
- Create an explicit proxy security service.
- Create an upstream routed path to serve as an alternate path to the Internet - this would test the ability to use the Proxy Select agent in the SSLO service visual policy to redirect flows through alternate gateways.
- Create an upstream explicit proxy path - this would also serve to test the ability to use the Proxy Select agent for alternate explicit proxy gateway paths.
- Create am additional web server to test inbound traffic flows.
- Create an ADC between SSLO and the web server to more accurately test SSLO as an inbound gateway.