F5 BIG-IP Access Guided Configuration¶
Access Guided Configuration provides an easy way to create BIG-IP configurations for categories of Access use cases. Follow the steps below to work with Access Guided Configurations.
- Logon to the BIG-IP user interface and click
- Select the Federation category.
Federation category includes various use cases requiring support for SAML. SAML use cases where BIG-IP acts as
- SAML Service Provider : Allows user to configure BIG-IP as Service Provider with optional Single Sign On.
- SAML Identity Provider for Applications : Allows user to configure BIG-IP as SAML Identity Provider for applications.
SAML IDP Connector¶
BIG-IP as SAML Service Provider can work with different vendor specific identity provider. Configuration guide specific to a vendor describes configuration details of such an identity provider.
SAML SaaS Applications¶
BIG-IP as SAML Identity Provider can work with different enterprise or cloud applications. Configuration guide specific to an application describes the configuration details of such an application.
Follow the instructions in on-line help to create configuration for a specific Federation use case. If you are configuring
- SAML Service Provider : Select template method for Identity Provider and refer to vendor specific identity provider configuration documenation.
- SAML Identity Provider for Applications : Select a template method for Saas Applications and refer to application specific configuration documentation.