Prerequisites and Requirements¶
The following are prerequisites for using BIG-IP AS3:
- You must be using BIG-IP version 12.1.x (if using BIG-IP AS3 v3.1.0 through v3.26.1) or v13.1 or later to use BIG-IP AS3. BIG-IP AS3 is not intended to work on BIG-IP versions that have reached End of Life. See here for more information about BIG-IP versions supported by F5.
- To use BIG-IP AS3, your BIG-IP user account must have the Administrator role.
- You should be familiar with the F5 BIG-IP and F5 terminology. For general information and documentation on the BIG-IP system, see the F5 Knowledge Center.
- You must manually install BIG-IP AS3 before the BIG-IP AS3 RESTful API is available.
- Disable the Expect: 100 Continue feature commonly used with SOAP + XML APIs. When using cURL, add the option -H ‘Expect:’ to your cURL command line (no space after the colon at the end of ‘Expect:’). For specific information, refer to the instructions from your client libraries.