F5 401 - Security Solution Expert Study Guide 11/01/19¶
Overview 401 - Security Solution Expert
Welcome to the 401 - Security Solution Expert compiled Study Guide. The purpose of this guide is to help you prepare for the F5 401 - Security Solution Expert exam. The contents of this document are based on the F5 401 - Security Solution Expert Blueprint Guide.
This study guide provides students with some of the basic foundational knowledge required to pass the exam.
This study guide is a collection of information and therefore not a completely original work. The majority of the information is compiled from F5 sources that are located on Internet. All of the information locations are referenced at the top of each topic instead of in an Appendix of this document. This was done to help the reader access the reference the linked information easier without having to search through a formal appendix.
The F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA), F5 Certified Technology Specialist LTM (F5-CTS, LTM), F5 Certified Technology Specialist ASM (F5-CTS, ASM) and the F5 Certified Technology Specialist APM (F5-CTS, APM) stand as a pre-requisite to this exam.
Field experience with everything F5 is essential to passing this exam, as well as a strong working knowledge of IT security principles.
This guide was prepared by an F5 employee but is not an official F5 document and is not supported by F5.
Reading = Knowledge = Power
- Original 401 Study Guide Created by Darshan Kirtikumar Doshi
- GENERAL / SYSTEM
- NTP peer server communication
- Example of a successful NTP peer server query
- Third party Web Application Testing / Security / Auditing Tools
- Industry Standard Security terminologies
- LOCAL TRAFFIC MANAGER (LTM)
- BIG-IP DNS
- IP INTELLIGENCE
- THE F5 DDOS PROTECTION
- F5 Components and Capabilities
- APPLICATION FIREWALL MODULE (AFM)
- APPLICATION SECURITY MODULE (ASM)
- APPLICATION POLICY MODULE (APM)
- BIG IP APM - SECURE WEB GATEWAY (SWG)
- BIG IQ
- F5 VULNERABILITY RESPONSE POLICY AND SECURITY AUDIT