F5 Application Services Templates (FAST) are replacing iApp templates. See https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K13422 for details.
What are iApps?¶
Benefits of using iApps¶
- Easy editing of configurations and cleanup
- Configuration encapsulation
- Cradle-to-grave configuration management
- Strictness protects against accidental changes to the configuration
- Operational tasks and health status for App objects displayed on App-specific component view (see right)
- Copy/Import/Export capability
- Community support for DevCentral hosted templates
- Implementation - The implementation section is written with the TCL-based tmsh scripting language. This is the section that does the work of building and applying the configuration. Anything that can be done in tmsh can be accomplished with an iApps template. tmsh describes the tmsh scripting environment and all the commands and syntax. Use of the iApp.iApp-Utility-Package is encouraged.
- Presentation - The presentation section is written with APL, or application presentation language. This constructs the user interface for the iApp template. The APL page defines the available commands and syntax.
- Help - The help section is html-based and is used to guide users in the use of the iApp template.
Shipping iApps Templates¶
- DNS Load Balancing
- IP Forwarding
- Microsoft IIS 7 and 7.5
- Microsoft Sharepoint 2010
- Oracle Application Server 10g (and SSO version 10g Release 2 - v10.1.2.0.2)
- Oracle EBS 12
- Oracle PeopleSoft 9
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3 (BEA WebLogic 5.1 and 8.1)
- SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0, mySAP ERP 2005
- SAP ERP Central Component 6.0, mySAP ERP 2005
iControl for iApps¶
- To create, modify, or delete iApps templates, see these commands, iApps Template iControl WIKI.
- To deploy, reenter, or delete iApps Application Services, see these commands, iApps Application Service iControl WIKI.
iApps Development Tips and Techniques¶
The BIG-IP API Reference documentation contains community-contributed content. F5 does not monitor or control community code contributions. We make no guarantees or warranties regarding the available code, and it may contain errors, defects, bugs, inaccuracies, or security vulnerabilities. Your access to and use of any code available in the BIG-IP API reference guides is solely at your own risk.