Welcome to the F5 CLI User Guide. To provide feedback on this documentation, you can file a GitHub Issue.
The F5 CLI provides a command-line interface (CLI) to various F5 products and services. It focuses primarily on facilitating the consumption of our most popular APIs and services, currently including BIG-IP (via Automation Tool Chain) and F5 Cloud Services.
Similar to popular cloud shells (AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Google gcloud), it is built on a python client library. For those looking to write custom automation scripts or workloads, you may choose to leverage the same python library it is built on:
- Quickly access and consume F5’s APIs and Services with familiar remote CLI UX
- Configurable settings
- Include common actions in Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines
- Test calls that may be used in more complex custom integrations using the underlying SDK
- Supports discovery activities/querying of command-line results (for example, “list accounts” to find the desired account which will be used as an input to final automation)
- Support quick one-off automation activities (for example, leveraging a bash loop to create/delete large lists of objects)
Use the following links, the navigation on the left, and/or the Next and Previous buttons to explore the documentation.
User Guide Index¶
- Quick Start
- Configuring the CLI
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Document Revision History
The F5 CLI is currently in early development and we want to hear from you! To provide feedback on F5 CLI or this documentation, you can file a GitHub Issue.