Welcome to the F5 CLI User Guide. To provide feedback on this documentation, you can file a GitHub Issue.
The F5 CLI provides a command-line interface (CLI) to various F5 products and services. It focuses primarily on facilitating the consumption of our most popular APIs and services, currently including BIG-IP (via Automation Tool Chain) and F5 Cloud Services.
Similar to popular cloud shells (AWS CLI, Azure CLI, Google glcoud), it is built on a python client library. For those looking to write custom automation scripts or workloads, you may choose to leverage the same python library it is built on:
- Quickly access and consume F5’s APIs and Services with familiar remote CLI UX
- Configurable settings
- Include common actions in Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines
- Test calls that may be used in more complex custom integrations using the underlying SDK
- Supports discovery activities/querying of command-line results (for example, “list accounts” to find the desired account which will be used as an input to final automation)
- Support quick one-off automation activities (for example, leveraging a bash loop to create/delete large lists of objects)
Use the following links, the navigation on the left, and/or the Next and Previous buttons to explore the documentation.
User Guide Index¶
- Quick Start
- Configuring the CLI
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The F5 CLI is currently in early development and we want to hear from you! To provide feedback on F5 CLI or this documentation, you can file a GitHub Issue.