F5 Service Proxy for Kubernetes (SPK) - v1.7.3
New Features and Improvements¶
The SPK v1.7.3 release is a bug fix only release.
- Jumbo Frames - The maximum transmission unit (MTU) must be the same size on both ingress and egress interfaces. Packets over 9000 bytes are dropped.
The F5SPKIngressHTTP2 configuration now successfully transmits JSON data when HTTP Compression is used.
The lifetime of all certificates has now been extended to a duration of 360 days, aiming to eliminate the need for frequent certificate renewal and minimize the occurrence of potential issues.
IMISH is no longer functional after TMM Pod restarts multiple times.
The TMStatsd container takes several minutes to establish a connection with the Otel Service.
To reduce the delay, one can set lower value of the environment variable RETRY_ATTEMPTS_TO_OTEL. While this approach may be effective when the service is up, setting this value too low can prevent the system from establishing a connection at all if the otel service is not yet up when tmstatsd attempts to poll for it, and the total polling time is exhausted.
Use these steps to upgrade the SPK software components:
Important: Steps 2 through 5 should be performed together, and during a planned maintenance window.
- Review the New Features and Improvements section above, and integrate any updates into the existing configuration. Do not apply Custom Resource (CR) updates until after the SPK Controller has been upgraded (step 3).
- Follow Install the CRDs in the SPK Software guide to upgrade the CRDs. Be aware that newly applied CRDs will replace existing CRDs of the same name.
- Uninstall the previous version SPK Controller, and follow the Installation procedure in the SPK Controller guide to upgrade the Controller and TMM Pods. Upgrades have not yet been tested using Helm Upgrade.
- Once the SPK Controller and TMM Pods are available, apply any updated CR configurations (step 1) using the
oc apply -f <file>command.
- Follow the Upgrading DNS46 entries section of the F5SPKEgress CR guide to upgrade any entries created in versions 1.4.9 and earlier.
- Uninstall the previous version SPK CWC, and for 1.7.0 and later installations RabbitMQ, and follow the Install RabbitMQ and Install CWC procedures in the SPK CWC guide to upgrade the Pods. Upgrades have not yet been tested using Helm Upgrade.
- The dSSM Databases can be upgraded at anytime using the Upgrading dSSM guide.
- The Fluentd Logging collector can be upgraded anytime using Helm Upgrade. Review Extract the Images in the SPK Software guide for the new Fluentd Helm chart location.