F5 BIG-IQ and BIG-IP Cloud Edition¶
Welcome to the F5 BIG-IQ & Cloud Edition Lab - 2020
The content contained here leverages a full DevOps CI/CD pipeline and is sourced from the GitHub repository at https://github.com/f5devcentral/f5-big-iq-lab. Bugs and Requests for enhancements can be made by opening an Issue within the repository.
This document details the lab exercises and demonstrations that comprise the hands-on component of the BIG-IQ. The environment is setup with basic configuration and associated traffic generation to populate dashboards for easy demos. Additional configuration can be added to support items that are not currently covered.
This lab environment is designed to allow for quick and easy demos of a significant portion of the BIG-IQ product. The Linux box in the environment has multiple cron jobs that are generating traffic that populates the Monitoring tab and Application dashboard.
This lab environment is available in UDF for internal F5 users.
- Class 1: BIG-IQ Application Management and AS3 (Cloud Edition)
- Class 2: BIG-IQ Deployment with auto-scale on AWS, Azure & VMware (Cloud Edition)
- Class 3: BIG-IQ Analytics (Cloud Edition)
- Class 4: BIG-IQ Platform
- Class 5: BIG-IQ Device Management
- Class 6: BIG-IQ ADC Management
- Class 7: BIG-IQ Application Firewall Manager (AFM)
- Class 8: BIG-IQ Application Security Manager (ASM)
- Class 9: BIG-IQ Access Policy Manager (APM)
- Class 10: BIG-IQ DNS Management
- Class 11: BIG-IQ DDoS Monitoring and Dashboard
- Class 12: BIG-IQ SSL Orchestrator
- 10.1.1.0/24 UDF Management Network
- 10.1.10.0/24 UDF External Network
- 10.1.20.0/24 UDF Internal Network
- 10.1.30.0/24 UDF SSLo Inline L2 IN Network
- 10.1.40.0/24 UDF SSLo Inline L2 OUT Network
- 10.1.50.0/24 UDF SSLo TAP Network
- 172.17.0.0/16 UDF Docker Internal Network
- 188.8.131.52/16 AWS Internal Network
- 184.108.40.206/16 Azure Internal Network
List of instances:
- BIG-IQ <> DCD 220.127.116.11
- 2x BIG-IP 13.1 / 1 cluster (BOS)
- 2x BIG-IP 14.1 / 1 standalone (SEA) and 1 standalone (PARIS)
- 1x BIG-IP 12.1 / 1 standalone (SJC)
- LAMP Server - Radius, LDAP, DHCP, RDP, Application Servers (Hackazon, dvmw, f5 demo app), Traffic Generator (HTTP, Access, DNS, Security), Samba, AWX/Ansible Tower.
- SSLo Service TAP and L2 (only with UDF Ravello)
- ESXi 6.5.0 + vCenter (only with UDF Ravello)
- “System” - Manage all aspects for BIG-IQ,
- “Devices” - Discover, Import, Create, Onboard (DO) and Manage BIG-IP devices.
- “Configuration” - ADC, Security (ASM, AFM, APM, DDOS, SSLo config/monitoring)
- “Deployment” - Manage evaluation task and deployment.
- “Monitoring” - Event collection per device, statistics monitoring, iHealth reporting integration, alerting, and audit logging.
- “Applications” - Application Management (Cloud Edition, AS3) and Service Scaling Group
- BIG-IQ Knowledge Center
- F5 BIG-IQ API
- BIG-IP Cloud Edition FAQ
- BIG-IP Cloud Edition Solution Guide
- Light Product Demo
- Troubleshoot Your Application Health and Performance with F5
- AS3 Documentation
- DO Documentation
- BIG-IQ compatibility with Application Services 3 Extension and declarative onboarding
- Free Training Courses - Getting Started with BIG-IQ Centralized Management