Encrypt BIG-IP VE instances¶
AWS Marketplace does not allow you to directly encrypt images. For encrypting BIG-IP VE images, F5 recommends using the F5 BIG-IP Image Generator Tool on GitHub which will auto-publish that image in AWS.
You can encrypt only BYOL BIG-IP VE images.
Use the following steps to create your BIG-IP VE image for AWS and encrypt that image:
- Follow the procedure for generating an image using the F5 BIG-IP Image Generator Tool for AWS.
- In the AWS console, in the left menu under Images, click AMIs.
- Sort the list using the AMIs made by me column option, and then select the image you generated using the F5 Image Generator tool.
- Click Action, select Copy AMI, and then select the Encryption check box.
- Expand the Master Key drop-down menu and select your key from the list.
- Click Copy AMI. Your copied image is now encrypted for use in AWS.