Class 2: A&O Toolchain 111: BIG-IP Deployments with Declarative Onboarding (DO)¶
This class provides hands-on experience using F5's AS3 declarative onboarding interface for initial configuration of a BIG-IP. You will use declarative onboarding (DO) for the initial configuration by sending the declaration to BIG-IP.
The class will cover the following topics:
- DO declarations
- Where DO fits in the F5 automation toolchain
- Why you would use DO
- Declarative versus imperative API
- Using Postman to send DO declarations
- Using Visual Studio Code to perform DO schema validations
- Create VLANs, Self-IPs, user accounts and more using DO
Expected time to complete: 1 hour, 30 minutes
We will be using a jumpbox to connect to the lab environment. Go to the next section for details on how to connect to the lab environment.