F5 BIG-IP SSL Orchestrator Training Lab > All SSL Orchestrator Lab Guides > [Archived] SSL Orchestrator v5 (Ravello | 4 hours) Source | Edit on
Appendix 2 - Things to do with the Extra Services BIG-IP¶
This lab environment contains an additional BIG-IP machine named "BIG-IP Extra Services" and has no specific use in the previously-described demo environment.
However, a BIG-IP can be a useful tool in an SSL Orchestrator environment. In most cases it just needs to be re-licensed and reconfigured on required networks. Building any tools is beyond the scope of the guide, but here is a quick list of things you can do with it.
- Build an SSLO HA pair.
- Create a transparent proxy security service.
- Create an explicit proxy security service.
- Create an upstream routed path to serve as an alternate path to the internet. This would test the ability to use the Proxy Select agent in the SSLO service visual policy to redirect flows through alternate gateways.
- Create an upstream explicit proxy path. This would also serve to test the ability to use the Proxy Select agent for alternate explicit proxy gateway paths.
- Create an additional web server to test inbound traffic flows.
- Create an ADC between SSLO and the web server to more accurately test SSLO as an inbound gateway.