F5 Ansible 101 F5 Workshop¶
Welcome to this Ansible 101 training.
This training will take you through the basic knowledge and exercises to gain understanding how F5 BIG-IP can leverage Ansible to facilitate automated application services.
Being a ‘101’, this training will only cover:
- Exploring some Ansible basics.
- Gathering BIG-IP facts.
- Creating BIG-IP objects like nodes, pool, virtual server and iRules.
- Disable pool member, delete configuration and error handling.
- Introduction of using AS3 with Ansible.
After taking this course a student should be able to create simple playbooks for deploying application services on BIG-IP and be able to use AS3 with Ansible and push configurations through a playbook on the BIG-IP.
If you have any questions or issues Click here to open a request.
To get the most out of this training, the student should already have some basic knowledge about the use of Ansible and BIG-IP. When you are completely new to Ansible it is recommended to start with the 2 hour Ansible Quick Start training from Linux Academy.
This Ansible 101 training comes with a pre-configured lab environment. Please go here to provision your lab environment. This content is a multi-purpose toolkit for effectively demonstrating Ansible’s capabilities on F5 BIG-IP by providing workshop training in various forms – instructor-led, hands-on or self-paced.
Login information for the BIG-IP:
- username: admin
- password: provided by instructor OR choosen while deploying the infrastructure using the provisioner (default is ansible)
Following topics will be covered:
Section 1 - Ansible F5 Basic Exercises¶
- Exercise 1.0 - Exploring the lab environment
- Exercise 1.1 - Using Ansible to gather data from F5 BIG-IP
- Exercise 1.2 - Adding nodes to F5 BIG-IP
- Exercise 1.3 - Adding a load balancing pool
- Exercise 1.4 - Adding members to a pool
- Exercise 1.5 - Adding a virtual server
- Exercise 1.6 - Adding and attaching an iRule to a virtual server
- Exercise 1.7 - Save the running configuration
- Exercise 1.8 - Virtual server facts
Section 2 - Ansible F5 Operational/Advanced Exercises¶
- Exercise 2.0 - Disabling a pool member
- Exercise 2.1 - Deleting F5 BIG-IP Configuration
- Exercise 2.2 - Error Handling
Section 3 - Ansible F5 AS3 Exercises¶
- Exercise 3.0 - Intro to AS3
- Exercise 3.1 - Operational Change with AS3
- Exercise 3.2 - Deleting a Web Application
- Exercise 3.3 - Deploying WAF through AS3