F5 Telemetry Streaming¶
Welcome to the F5 Telemetry Streaming User Guide. To provide feedback on this documentation, you can file a GitHub Issue, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telemetry Streaming (TS) is an iControl LX Extension delivered as a TMOS-independent RPM file. Installing the TS Extension on BIG-IP enables you to declaratively aggregate, normalize, and forward statistics and events from the BIG-IP to a consumer application by POSTing a single TS JSON declaration to TS’s declarative REST API endpoint.
Telemetry Streaming uses a declarative model, meaning you provide a JSON declaration rather than a set of imperative commands.
This guide contains information on downloading, installing, and using the Telemetry Streaming Extension.
Click the following links to go directly to the supported third-party consumer example declaration:
- Microsoft Azure Log Analytics
- Microsoft Azure Application Insights
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS S3
- Sumo Logic
- Generic HTTP
- Google Cloud Operations Suite’s Cloud Monitoring
- Pull Consumers
You can use Microsoft Visual Studio Code to validate your declarations, see Validating a declaration for information.
See our Telemetry Streaming overview video:
Use the following links, the navigation on the left, and/or the Next and Previous buttons to explore the documentation.
- Prerequisites and Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Quick Start
- Downloading and installing Telemetry Streaming
- Using Telemetry Streaming
- Example Declarations
- Example Output
- Data Modification
- Document Revision History
- Appendix A: Schema Reference
- Appendix B: Configuring Custom Endpoints