F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management Lab > BIG-IQ All Labs > Class 5: BIG-IQ Device Management Source | Edit on
Module 8: Declarative Onboarding and VE Creation on AWS¶
BIG-IQ Centralized Management makes it easy for you to create, configure, and manage BIG-IP VE devices in an AWS environment.
All deployments are Single-NIC for AWS. If you need to create additional NICs, you will need to do it through the cloud provider UI or API.
- To start managing a BIG-IP VE device in a cloud environment, you’ll need to complete the following workflows.
- Configure your AWS Virtual Private Cloud
- Specify your cloud provider details
- Create your cloud environment
- Create a BIG-IP VE device
- Onboard your BIG-IP VE device or BIG-IP VE device cluster
After you save the configuration for the BIG-IP VE devices you created, BIG-IQ sends an API call to apply that configuration to the targeted BIG-IP VE devices. After BIG-IQ successfuly applies the configuration, it then discovers and imports the services the device is licensed for. This means you don’t have to discover and import services in a separate step.