Document Revision History¶
|2.1||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.5.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Support for creating an Analytics profile (see Creating an Analytics profile).
* Added support for using Authorized Keys in declarations (see Keys example).
* Added a new page for Adding or removing members of a Device Group
* Added a note to the Prerequisites and Requirements stating that due to changes in TMOS v220.127.116.11, the Declarative Onboarding Extension is not compatible with that specific TMOS version.
* Added the schema files from previous releases to the GitHub repository
* Updated Validating a declaration to clarify the schema URL to use
* Updated the documentation theme and indexes.
* Declarative Onboarding now disables DHCP for DNS/NTP if DO is configuring them (see the note in DNS class and NTP class)
* License keys no longer appear in the log
* Radius server secrets no longer appears in the log
* LicensePool now respects custom management access port of the BIG-IP that is being licensed
* When a 400 is received from restjavad, DO now tries relicensing
* Fixed an issue in which initial clustering failure would prevent clustering from working on subsequent attempts due to using the wrong device name.
|2.0||Documentation only update: Added the Declarative Onboarding Overview video to the home page.||05-24-19|
|1.9||Released Declarative Onboarding v1.4.1. This maintenance release contains no changes for Declarative Onboarding from 1.4.0 but does include a new version of the Docker Container.||05-21-19|
|1.8||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.4.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Using the Declarative Onboarding Container now allows you to send declarations to multiple BIG-IPs without waiting for previous declarations to finish onboarding.
* taskId is now returned from POST onboard requests (see Note in POST documentation)
* New /task endpoint to retrieve status by task (see Note in GET documentation)
|1.7||Released Declarative Onboarding v1.3.1. This maintenance release contains only fixes for the following GitHub issues:
* Issue 7: Does not remove SelfIP and VLAN
* Issue 17: BIG-IP requesting reboot after declaration
* Issue 18: wrong GW IP in declaration leads to DO problems
* Issue 21: DO declaration with multiple modules requires manual reboot and re-post
* Issue 32: DOv1.3.0 to create multiple VLANs / self IP need to run twice on v14.1
|1.6||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.3.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added support for revoking a license from a BIG-IP with BIG-IQ, as well as relicensing and overwriting a license (see Revoking a license using BIG-IQ).
* Added instructions for validating a declaration using Microsoft Visual Studio Code (see Validating a declaration).
* Added support for modifying a Self IP address.
* Corrected an issue in which all Self IPs would be updated if there was a change to any of them.
* Corrected an issue in which clustering was not working if ASM was provisioned.
|1.5||This documentation update release updated the style of this document.||01-28-19|
|1.4||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.2.0. This release contains the following changes:
* Added support for using Declarative Onboarding in a container (see Using Declarative Onboarding in a Docker Container).
* Added a new section on using JSON Pointers in Declarative Onboarding declarations (see JSON Pointers).
* Added a note and link about the Declarative Onboarding Postman Collection available on GitHub (see Prerequisites and Requirements).
* Added notes about the BIG-IP v14.0 and later Secure Password Policy (see If using BIG-IP 14.0 or later for details).
* Added new example declarations to Example declarations.
* Corrected an issue which would reject a CIDR of 1x on a Self IP address.
* Corrected an issue in which DB vars were not rolled back in the event of an error.
|1.3||Updated the provisioning examples to use a value of minimum and not minimal.||01-08-19|
|1.2||Updated the documentation for Declarative Onboarding v1.1.0. This version is fully supported by F5 Networks, and has moved to the F5Networks GitHub repository. Additionally, this release contains the following changes:
* Added support for using a BIG-IQ to license the BIG-IP (see Composing a declaration for licensing BIG-IP with a BIG-IQ).
* Added support for using arbitrary database variables (see DB variable class).
* Added support for assigning users to All Partitions (see User Class for usage).
* Added the option of not allowing Shell access when creating a user (see User Class for usage).
* Improved reporting for schema validation errors.
* Declarations now apply defaults from the schema.
* Corrected a clustering race condition when onboarding 2 devices at the same time.
* Fixed an issue that was improperly deleting objects which just had a property change.
* Declarations now dis-allow sync-failover device group with both autoSync and fullLoadOnSync.
* Declarative Onboarding now ensures that non-floating self IPs are created before floating self IPs.
* Declarative Onboarding now handles missing content-type header.
* Fixed an issue where device name was not being set if hostname already matched declaration.
|1.1||Updated the example declarations to change allowService from all to default, changed the tagging for VLANs to false, updated the Self IP section to include a trafficGroup and removed the floating parameter as it does not apply to Self IP.
Added a tip to Composing a Declarative Onboarding declaration for a standalone BIG-IP and Composing a Declarative Onboarding declaration for a cluster of BIG-IPs stating you can use GET to track the status of a declaration.
|1.0||Documentation for the initial release of F5 Declarative Onboarding||11-13-18|