1.3.3. Deploy the Service Discovery iApp on a BigIP Cluster across two Availability Zones¶
- Login to the active Big-IP1 configuration utility (web ui). Using the examples in our lab-info output: https://18.104.22.168.
- Navigate to iApps. The “HA_Across_AZs” iApp will already be deployed in the Common partition and is automatically configured when you deploy the HA CloudFormation template across availability zones.
- The Service Discovery iApp will automatically discover and populate nodes in the cloud based on tags.
- From the configuration utility (web ui) of Big-IP1. iApps => Application Services => Create…
|What is the tag key on your cloud provider for the members of this pool?||findme|
|What is the tag value on your cloud provider for the members of this pool?||web|
|Do you want to create a new pool or use an existing one?||Create new pool…|
|Create a new health monitor or use an existing one?||http|
- Local Traffic => Pools => track the newly created service_discovery_pool. Within 60 seconds it should light up green. The service_discovery iApp has discovered and auto-populated the service_discovery_pool with two web servers.