Beacon Getting Started¶
This guide walks through creating an Application within F5 Beacon to gain a single view into its health, status, and history. You will take an application with distributed components such as DNS, API Gateway, Data, Middleware, and other Services and then combine them into a single logical entity. You will then begin to ingest data into F5 Beacon and associate that data with the different application components.
What You Will Do¶
- Model a Mobile Application within the F5 Beacon Portal and API.
- Ingest Data from Various Sources depending on your environment.
- Additional sources to be added in future updates
- Associate the ingested data with components of the modeled Mobile Application.
- Manipulate the data sources to see how it impacts the Application
- Create a Dashboard to view the Application
What You Will Need¶
- A subscription to F5 Beacon - Click here to sign up for F5 Beacon
- An F5 BIG-IP Instance with the following:
- Postman HTTP client to send API calls: Installation
- Lab Setup
- Create a Beacon Application
- Create Token for Data Ingestion
- Data Ingestion to F5 Beacon
- BIG-IP Ingestion and Association
- Creating Dashboards in F5 Beacon