About the F5 Essential App Protect Service¶
Essential App Protect provides instant, out-of-the-gate protection from common web exploits, malicious IPs and coordinated attack types. The solution takes the complexity out of securing your applications with a simple, cloud-native SaaS solution that is built and optimized for two types of users:
- DevOps and application developers without a deep background in application security and require fast adoption and deployment
- Cloud architects who are defining enterprise standards in mid-large organizations
Essential App Protect allows users to create a fast, efficient, and optimized security policy addressing known OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, and it is accessible through both a modern UI and open APIs that can connect to existing CI/CD pipelines.
The Essential App Protect Service is available now. To get started with Essential App Protect, you will need a Cloud Services account, and you will need to subscribe to the Essential App Protect Service. Details can be found on the signup page.
Next, log into your new account and click Try it free (10 days) to get started.
The trial gives you all the features and protections of a subscription—only sizes and quantities are limited, as shown below.
- Trial duration: 10 days of trial period. After 10 days the account will start automatic billing if you have a payment method on file; otherwise, the subscription will be suspended pending a payment method.
- Endpoints: No more than 5 subscriptions (5 FQDNs to be protected)
- Bandwidth: 15 GB per FQDN (subscription) per day