About F5 Cloud Services¶
F5 Cloud Services is a cloud-native SaaS platform that provides solutions for enhanced application delivery, security, and insight. Check out this video to see some of the capabilities that are available in Cloud Services.
F5 Cloud Services features¶
F5 Cloud Services features and capabilities include:
- Self-service management. Select and run the services the way you want.
- Consumption-based pricing. Pay only for what you use.
- Fully-managed infrastructure. Focus on how to use the services to meet your business needs.
- Auto-scaling. As your business grows, your infrastructure automatically grows to accommodate it.
- Globally distributed. F5’s globally-distributed Anycast network maximizes the efficiency of your applications.
- Anycast IP addresses. F5’s services leverage the global Anycast network to ensure maximum security and responsiveness.
- Ready to integrate. F5’s API-first approach means that the Cloud Services portal uses the same APIs that are available to you. If you can do it on the dashboard, you can do it through the API, and integrate it into your infrastructure and automation tools.
- Robust security. Your services are protected from denial of service attacks (DDoS).
As new services are released, they are sometimes initially offered as a “Preview Service” under the F5 End User Services Agreement. As such, they are provided on a Preview Service-basis for a limited time for your internal demonstration, testing, or evaluation purposes only and not for use in a production environment. This also requires that you not submit any personal information (such as a person’s name or identification number or location data) to the Preview Service. For more details, please refer to the F5 End User Services Agreement and to it’s sub-section, the F5 End User Services Agreement - Service-Specific Terms.
You can get started directly through the Cloud Services portal by following the steps below. If you use Amazon Web Services, you can Sign up through the AWS Marketplace.
Go to the F5 Cloud Services portal.
Create a new account.
You will need the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company or organization name
- You will also specify a password for your account
Review and agree to the End User Services Agreement.
Press the Create account button.
The F5 Cloud Services dashboard appears.
Once your account is created, you can Subscribe to a Service.
For more details, see How to sign up for Cloud Services.