Class 3: BIG-IP® Local Traffic Manager (LTM) - v13.1 Lab Guide¶
This lab guide is designed for you to get an understanding of the BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) product.
- F5 BIG-IP LTM VE, licensed using F5-BIG-VE-LAB-LIC
- Your BIG-IP is as close to factory default as possible. Only the following changes have been made:
- The management IP has already been configured
- The initial setup has been completed. (Licensing and Platform information)
- The Idle Timeout was modified from 1200 seconds to 7200 seconds
- The Welcome messages for the GUI and SSH were changed.
- An archive file base-setup-and-licensing.ucs was created allowing you to revert to the base settings above.
Various directory and application services are available within the lab environment.
DO NOT COPY INFORMATION FROM THE SCREENSHOTS. THEY ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
Your customer has the following environment. The servers sit on the customers internal VLANs, the virtual servers will exist in another VLAN in the DMZ. The customer does not want to rework their networking and does not wish to use the LTM as the default gateway. Our solution will be to use SNATs to force traffic to pass through the BIG-IP to return through the LTM.
- Lab 1: Access the Lab Environment
- Lab 2: The Basics (Networking, Pools and Virtual Servers)
- Lab 3: Load Balancing, Monitoring and Persistence
- Lab 4: Accelerating Applications Lab
- Lab 5: SSL Offload and Security
- Lab 6: BIG-IP Policies and iRules
- Lab 7: Support and Troubleshooting
- Lab 8: Device Service Clusters (DSC)
- Bonus Lab – Traffic groups, iApps and Active-Active