Class 8: BIG-IQ Web Application Security¶
BIG-IQ Web Application Security enables enterprise-wide management and configuration of multiple BIG-IP devices from a central management platform. You can centrally manage BIG-IP devices and security policies, and import policies from files on those devices.
For each device discovered, an additional virtual server is created to hold all security policies that are not related to any virtual server on the device. To deploy a policy to a device, the policy must be attached to one of the device’s virtual servers. Policies can be deployed to a device that already has the policy by overwriting it. If the policy does not yet exist on the device, you have the option to deploy it as a new policy attached to an available virtual server or as an inactive policy.
- Module 1: Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) on BIG-IQ
- Lab 1.1: Proactive Bot Defense Configuration and Monitoring (new 7.1)
- Lab 1.2: Configuring L7 Behavioral DoS Protection (new 7.1)
- Lab 1.3: WAF Policy Management via GitLab CI/CD pipeline with default WAF template and AS3
- Lab 1.4: Deploy a WAF with BIG-IQ and AS3 using an ASM policy on BIG-IP using Policy Builder
- Lab 1.5: Deploy a WAF with BIG-IQ and AS3 using an ASM policy on GitHub
- Lab 1.6: Deploy a WAF with BIG-IQ and AS3 using an ASM policy on BIG-IQ (new 8.0)
- Module 2: Tooling and RBAC with WAF management on BIG-IQ