Command List for GTM & LTM¶
- DNS::class - gets or sets the resource record class field
- DNS::disable - sets the service state to disabled for the current dns packet.
- DNS::edns0 - gets (v11.0+) and sets (v11.1+) the values of the edns0 pseudo-RR
- DNS::enable - sets the service state to enabled for the current dns packet.
- DNS::header - gets (v11.0+) or sets (v11.1+) simple bits or byte fields.
- DNS::last_act - sets the action to perform if no DNS service handles this packet
- DNS::len - returns the dns packet message length.
- DNS::name - gets or sets the resource record name field
- DNS::origin - returns the originator of the DNS message
- DNS::ptype - returns the type of the DNS packet.
- DNS::query - returns or constructs and sends a query to the DNS-Express database for a name and type
- DNS::question - gets (v11.0+) or sets (v11.1+) the question field value
- DNS::rdata - gets or sets the resource record rdata field
- DNS::rr - creates a new resource record object with specified attributes or as a complete string.
- DNS::tsig - manipulates the current DNS message and its TSIG resource record.
- whereis - Returns geographical information on an IP address.
Command List for GTM Only¶
Command List for LTM Only¶
- DNS::additional - returns, inserts, removes, or clears RRs from the additional section.
- DNS::answer - returns, inserts, removes, or clears all RRs from the answer section.
- DNS::authority - returns, inserts, removes, or clears RRs from the authority section.
- DNS::drop - Drops the current DNS packet after the execution of the event.
- DNS::is_wideip - returns status (true/false) if a string is a configured wide IP.
- DNS::return - skips all further processing after TCL execution and sends the dns packet in the opposite direction.
- DNS::rpz_policy - returns the RPZ policy associated with the DNS cache
- DNS::scrape - allows users to walk over a DNS message and parse out information from the packet based on user supplied arguments
- DNS::ttl - gets or sets the resource record ttl field
- DNS::type - gets or sets the resource record type field
Event List for GTM Only¶
Event List for LTM Only¶
- DNS_RESPONSE - Triggered when the system responds to a DNS request.
The BIG-IP API Reference documentation contains community-contributed content. F5 does not monitor or control community code contributions. We make no guarantees or warranties regarding the available code, and it may contain errors, defects, bugs, inaccuracies, or security vulnerabilities. Your access to and use of any code available in the BIG-IP API reference guides is solely at your own risk.