Welcome to the iRules wiki! An iRule is a powerful and flexible feature within the BIG-IP® local traffic management (LTM) system that you can use to manage your network traffic. The iRulesTM feature not only allows you to select pools based on header data, but also allows you to direct traffic by searching on any type of content data that you define. Thus, the iRules feature significantly enhances your ability to customize your content switching to suit your exact needs.
Get Started with iRules¶
- 20 lines or less - Article series featuring iRules comprised of 20 lines or less
- Getting Started with iRules - Article series on iRules basics
- Intermediate iRules - Article series on iRules intermediate concepts
- Advanced iRules - Article series on iRules advanced concepts
- BIG-IP Commands and Events by Version - These pages list the changes to iRules in each version.
- Master List of Commands - Documentation for iRules Commands.
- Disabled Tcl Commands - List of core TCL commands that are disabled within iRules.
- iRules Common Concepts - This section is designed to cover some of the more commonly seen concepts that appear in different iRules. This list is by no means all-inclusive.
- iRules Troubleshooting Tips - iRules Troubleshooting Tips
- iRules Procedures (procs) - Procedures Overview